In our day and time we can never underestimate an importance of father's influence in child' life. This is a time of the year to make dads and granddads feel appreciated, special and loved. Living far away from our parents - our child's grandparents make little gestures like this even more significant. Here is what we did for grandpa that melt his heart and made him smile.
A while ago when celebrating Grandparent's Day we made printable card for children in our classroom that says "Strong Leaves Produce Beautiful Leaves". Children coloured tree and drew their faces in the place of a love heart. For a toddler the process can be simplified:
1. Cut shapes of a leave and a root out of sponges (add apple or another fruit is desired)
2. Add green, brown and any other desired colour.
3. Allow the child to make prints for leaves and roots
4. Glue child's photo and allow to dry
5. Place it in a photo frame if desired.
There are two versions, pick the one that suits you best.
Tree illustration by Laurie A. ConleyWebsite: http://www.laurieaconley.com
If you make printables, I invite you to link them up here!!
Kids Learning Printables Link Up
* Please note that linked up printables are not limited by topic or theme!
Feel free to leave a code with your blog/store button in the comments, I will include it in our Blog Roll list!
Please note:By linking up, you are giving us permission to use and repost images from your blog.