Here are some activities we have done last week.
I used lentils for this fine motor activity. Her concentration was beautiful to watch. I was careful to make sure she did not put them in her mouth. She was playing with these for good 5 minutes at a time.
A play with goop. I mixed water with food colouring and some potato flour. It was tricky to make sure she did not put it in her mouth, but she did well. To tell the truth I also had a bit of fun with it. Next time though I will use some natural colouring instead of foodcolouring, for example, beetroot juice.
We both loved this one: with these cute penguins I was teaching my girl "large" & "small". After presenting it a few times I asked her where is large and she would either pick it up or start to play with it.. cute:)
A tray with baking utensils for teaching language.
A box with sea creatures (she looooved it).
Oh.. and here is our new book corner with my mum's beautiful cross stitching picture.
For more activities please visit www.montessorinaturessmile.com
Here are some wonderful Montessori activities for baby
Child has to drop the little ball into the hole in the box. The ball will roll out of the box and into the attached tray thus allowing the child to experience object permanence by seeing that the ball did not just disappear.It practices precise hand movements while sending information to the brain as well as develops hand, wrist and finger control - also known as "refined hand movements".
With repeated use of this material, the child learns how it feels to succeed when he has achieved a goal on his own.
It's never too early to look and talk together! Perfect for babies from birth to age two! This accordion style foldout book is sturdy enough to stand by itself, and it is just the right size for little hands.
- All hardwood construction.
- Child safe finishes. Made in the USA.
- Measures 2 1/2" long.
- Sold in an attractive gift box.
- Meets all Federal safety standards for infants.
- All Natural Newborn Gift Set - Montessori Baby Rattle, Organic Teething Ring and Egg & Cup Puzzle
- Rattle allows baby to explore sound, observe how its made and discover how to make it.
- Teething Ring helps infants develop purposeful grasping skills & is made 100% Certified Organic, Dye-Free, Color Grown Cotton Yarn
- Egg & Cup Puzzle is easy for baby to hold and put together and gives the child an opportunity to use both hands together.
- Eco-Friendly and Handmade in Colorado, USA - Natural Maple Wood Finished with an Organic Beeswax & Olive Oil Polish
Camden Rose Childs Cherry Wood Eating Utensils
Sensory Development Ball Set
Wooden Stacking Tower